Today marks a big day for SlabStox, one we didn’t see coming 7-months ago. SlabStox is proud to announce its first official investment partnership with Mike Quaranti (@mikeystackscards) and Ben Jampel (@1stbcautos) creating the SlabStox Investment Portfolio No. 001.
Mike and Ben recently joined the Instagram card community, but they have been heavily involved in the Facebook card community for a while now. They both purchase and sell sports cards in a big way. Check out their Instagram profiles if you haven’t already. They have some unreal collections: Ben with his Jazz Chisholm super collection (including 4 Red /5 Auto Gems) and insane Yankees memorabilia, and Mike with his high-end MLB star Bowman Chrome autos and Keibert Ruiz super collection (it’s incredible).
A couple weeks ago, Mike reached out to me on Instagram, and we got to discussing Nate’s and my analytic approach to baseball card investing. He told me he liked our analysis and mentioned an idea about a future partnership. Nate and I discussed it, and it wasn’t long before we were on a conference call outlining how this would work.
After our first call, Mike notified me someone else was interested in the partnership, and that’s where Ben came in. During a four-way phone call between Mike (New York), Ben (Jersey), Nate (Milwaukee), and me (Barcelona, Spain), we hammered out the details. I drafted up a contract and bang! Partnership made.
Throughout the whole process, Mike and Ben were extremely easy to work with.
What excites us the most about this partnership? Three things:
- It puts our SlabStox analytics to the test.
- This is truly data-driven investment approach. All emotion is removed from SlabStox Investment Porfolio No. 001.
- It holds us, and our method, accountable to someone else’s ROI. Nothing like being accountable to others to prove your worth.
Here’s How It Helps YouNate and I see this partnership as an educational opportunity for all card investors. How?
- Throughout the investment lifespan, we will be sharing reports to show you how we do – the good and the bad.
- Nothing will be hidden. All gains and loses will be reported.
- We will maintain complete integrity by intentionally not publishing which players we are buying or selling until long after they are sold. That way, our moves won’t influence the market.
- Through this, the goal is to build more credibility and to back up the SlabStox approach.
SlabStox is grateful for this new adventure and ready for a challenge that will become part of the journey to achieve our mission: Build the most sophisticated data-driven platform for sports card prospectors, helping them make the most intelligent buying and selling decisions.